The cinematographers included in the
INTERNET ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CINEMATOGRAPHERS
are chosen solely by the editors of the encyclopedia.
However, it's now possible to apply for a listing in the encyclopedia.
You have to meet the following requirements:
1. You have been a 1st unit cinematographer [director of photography] on at least 5 full-length feature films, which have been released theatrically - this doesn't apply to cinematographers specializing in documentaries [see: How to proceed - 2];
2. You are still active as a cinematographer;
3. You will provide the editors - by e-mail - with the following information:
-> one or more photos;
-> your full name;
-> date [e.g. 1 January 1970], place and country of birth;
-> career information;
-> your complete filmography [films, television and miscellaneous (as camera operator, gaffer, etc.)] - arranged in order of filming dates [NOT release dates] - with director[s], film format [16mm, s16, s35, Panavision (p), High Definition Video (HD), etc.], b&w and/or color, genre [short feature or documentary + length in minutes]; it's not enough to copy your page on the IMDb;
-> [optional] contact information, e.g. name, address, telephone and e-mail of your agent or your own office.
4. You will inform the editors of updates [new films, etc.];
5. You will pay a one-time donation of € 35,00 [Thirty-Five Euro].
How to proceed:
1. Send the required information by e-mail
2. We will notify you by e-mail if you will be listed in the encyclopedia [a 'yes' is a 'yes', a 'no' is a 'no' - we don't want to start a discussion];
3. We will notify you by e-mail the moment your entry is ready to be published;
4. You have to return to this page and pay your donation - click the DONATE button below.
If you don't want to use PayPal, you can e-mail us and ask for our bank account details;
5. After we have received your payment, your entry will go online and will be updated regularly [with your help].