The cinematographers included in the INTERNET ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CINEMATOGRAPHERS are chosen solely by the editors. However, it's also possible to apply for a listing in the IEC. You have to meet the following requirements:
1. You have been a 1st unit cinematographer [director of photography] on at
least 5 full-length feature
films, which have been released theatrically [also outside your own country] - this doesn't apply to
cinematographers specializing in documentaries [see: How to proceed #2];
2. You are still active as a cinematographer;
3. You will provide the editors - by e-mail - with the following information:
> one or more photos;
> your full name;
> date [e.g. 1 January 1970], place and country of birth;
> career information;
> your complete filmography [films, television and miscellaneous (as camera operator, gaffer, etc.)] - arranged in
order of filming dates [NOT release dates] - with director[s], film format [16mm, s16, s35, Panavision (p), High
Definition Video (HD), etc.], b&w and/or color, genre [short feature or documentary + length in minutes]; it's not
copy your page on the IMDb website;
> [optional] contact information, e.g. name, address, telephone and e-mail of your agent or your own office;
4. You will inform the editors of updates [new films, etc.];
5. You will pay a one-time donation of € 150,00 [One Hundred and Fifty Euros].
1. Send the required information by
2. We will notify you by e-mail if you will be listed in the encyclopedia [a 'yes'
is a 'yes', a 'no' is a 'no' - we don't want to start a
3. We will notify you by e-mail the moment your entry is ready to be published;
4. You have to return to this page and pay your donation - click the DONATE button below. [If you don't want to use PayPal, you can e-mail us and ask for our bank account details];
5. After we have received your payment, your entry will go online and will be updated regularly [with your help].